top of page
  • Writer's picture고플릿

The Complete Guide to the D-4-1 Korean Language Student Visa in South Korea

Updated: Dec 5, 2023

exchange student korea

The D-4-1 Visa, often referred to as the Korean Language Trainee Visa, is a pathway for foreign nationals to study Korean language in South Korea. This guide will explore the D-4-1 Visa, highlighting its purpose, eligibility, application process, and other key details.

I. What is the D-4-1 Visa?

The D-4-1 Visa is designed for those intending to enroll in Korean language courses at universities in South Korea. It is especially suitable for courses ranging from 6 months to 2 years. This visa is exclusively sponsored by Korean universities and not by private language schools.

II. Who is Eligible for the D-4-1 Visa?

Eligibility for the D-4-1 Visa is extended to individuals who have completed high school or equivalent and plan to study Korean at a recognized language institution in South Korea.

III. Duration of Visa and Entry Specifications

The D-4-1 Visa is usually issued for the duration of the language course, typically 6 months to 2 years. It must be stamped upon arrival in Korea and is valid only for the period of study. Applicants have 90 days to enter Korea from the visa issuance date.

IV. Required Documents

  1. Visa Application Form (Form No. 17), passport, recent photo, and fee.

  2. Copy of the Business Registration Certificate of the education institute.

  3. Standard Acceptance Letter from the university or an invitation letter for scholarship students.

  4. Certificate of enrollment or proof of highest education level.

  5. Original financial statement documents (e.g., bank statements, scholarship receipts).

  6. Training Plan, including lecture schedules and details about training facilities.

D-4 - Visa Application
Download PDF • 177KB

V. Frequently Asked Questions

Can I apply for the D-4-1 Visa for short-term language courses?

Can I work part-time on a D-4-1 Visa?

Can I apply for a D-4-1 Visa for only one semester and then decide if I want to continue?

Is the 'Standard Admission Letter' required for all D-4-1 Visa applicants?

Are there any specific procedures for Chinese students applying for a D-4 Visa?

What documents are required for changing visa status to D-4-1 while already in South Korea?

Are there specific enrolment periods for language courses?

What happens if I stop attending the language course?

The D-4-1 Visa offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to deepen their understanding of the Korean language and culture. Applicants should be mindful of the visa's requirements and restrictions to ensure a successful and enriching educational experience in South Korea.

shuttle delivery korea

‍Use code FLEETKR to get ₩4000 off your next Shuttle order!

927 views0 comments


bottom of page